Friday, December 30, 2005

Tuhfa: What is it?

Tuhfa (تحفة) is an Arabic word used as a description for unique/antique/funny things.

I didn't call myself Tuhfa, but my friends used to describe me as Tuhfa. So when deciding on a screenname, I picked Tuhfa!

In Chinese, the word sounds like "Tu Fa" (since they can't pronounce the Arabic H-sound); and "Tu Fa" means a sudden realization, i.e. epiphany.

Which according to The American Heritage® Dictionary* it means:

A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something. A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization.

* "epiphany." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 30 Dec. 2005. http://www.answers.com/topic/epiphany

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home